Retirement can be a time to truly make a change and select a new environment. The question is where can you get more bang for your buck? There are many locations where the dollar can truly help you to live a comfortable lifestyle.
There are many factors to consider other than cost.
- Cost – Look for a place that will cost less for you to live. Ensure that you can sell your current home and that your new retirement salary will be enough to live off of comfortably in your new location.
- Great Amenities – Look for great amenities that will be of use to you. If you like golf, live be a golf course. If you want to travel, live close to an airport. Make sure all that you will love to do is nearby.
- Medical – Make sure that you have proper medical facilities in your area. You will be much older and not as healthy, so it is imperative that you have medical care that is available and advanced.
- Family and Friends – Make sure to look for a place that is close to family and friends that will help you if you need it. If you go someplace completely new, you will need to develop a close network of friends there to help each other out.
- Social/Political Climate – Make sure that if you have strong religious or political beliefs that you don’t move into a new area that is a polar opposite of your views. This can cause you to be isolated in your new area and it may be hard to fit in and find new friends.
- Transportation – Consider as you get older that you may not want to drive. Ensure that public transportation options are available to allow you to get where you need easily.
- Better Weather – Make sure to pick a climate that will be easy on you as you age. You may not want to be shoveling several feet of snow when you are 80. If you have allergies, you may want to move to a warmer, drier climate. Panama has amazing beaches that you will love.
- Pensianado Program – This is something most people haven’t heard of, but the pensianado program is probably the best kept secret around.
So, where is the top spot to retire for the year of 2016? The country of Panama is the top choice for retirees this year. It has a very temperate climate or a tropical climate, depending on the location you select. It is also only a 3 hour flight from Miami, so it is easily accessible. It is definitely cheaper to live there with water usually included in the rent and utility bills with internet are around $100 a month. Fruits and vegetables can be obtained by the bag for around $5. Medical professionals are top-notch in this area, with many gaining training in the U.S. There are so many activities in this country from hiking to fine arts. The people are warm and caring and welcome outsiders in the area that bring wealth to their country. Many people also speak English, so communicating in this country is fairly easy to do.
Panama is a great choice for your retirement needs. There are many places you can live that will fit your needs.